The most important thing every single person in this world needs to realize and the biggest lesson I've learned thus far in my life is that
1. NO ONE IS PERFECT. No one. I have to constantly remind myself of this when I get bothered about the messy house that I compulsively clean, when I don't feel like working out, when I eat a dessert. Personally, I know I'm way too hard on myself sometimes and I know there's a balance somewhere in between working hard and knowing when to give myself a break, but it's really hard to tell myself to stop once I've started.
So in conclusion, stop being hard yourself, self! You are imperfect and every human being is. You may admire aspects of other people, but that's all you're allowed to do-admire them. Do not idolize, do not put someone up on a pedestal. It's unrealistic and frankly, stupid.
2. I want to take better care of my one and only-my little Bellakins. She has some anxiety issues regarding going to the doctor's office and getting her nails cut. She could also be a little calmer at times. She is a wonderful dog and I know that she's bound to be the best she can be if I could just muster the effort to train her and stick with it.
3. I want to make time for exercise in my life, but I know that I cannot do the gym thing. I have to get my exercise in by either making it essential to getting somewhere (like traveling to work) or by forcing myself to run a couple of times a week.
4. Travel at least three times a year, and I don't mean to Duluth. I mean to other parts of the country or other parts of the world.
5. Find a job I really find rewarding and challenging at the same time. I really think that I love my job right now, but I do stress out over a lot of stuff at my current job that doesn't need to be stressed out about. I know it challenges me now, but what about 5 years down the line? It's something to consider. I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to be working in an office for the rest of my life to keep myself financially comfortable and doing my baking on the side and violin playing on the side and this is ok. I REALLY need to lose the mindset that working in a lower paying job defines my worth. I need to freaking cut that crap out right this instant.
6. Listen to my body more. This means establishing a sleep pattern that runs from 9pm to 5am, eating only when I'm hungry and stopping eating when I'm full. This also means I'm going to start eating less sugar again. I felt better when I ate less sugar and I know what sugar can do to my insides. I also am (regrettably, and I mean this) going to stop drinking coffee and start drinking green tea instead.
7. I want to do more crafts. Yep.
8. I would like to spend more time with my family. I think that a trip to NYC with my mother and aunt will help this as well as Sunday crafternoons at my parent's house.
Lists always give me piece of mind after a stressful day. Now, to dye my hairs and to bed! Have a fantastic night, everyone!